Published Permissions

Sunday 9 April 2017

New Challenge at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.......


Good morning!

Well, it's a new challenge today over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges and the new challenge is my choice this time which is from one of my favourite films - The Sound Of Music.  You have the choice to follow the first verse from the theme song:-


Raindrops on roses
And whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings

These are a few of my favorite things 

Or you can just go with "my favourite things"! - perfect!

I have gone with the choice of Raindrops on Roses!

I have used my favourite rose stamp - the everyday rose by Sheena Douglass. First by stamping the rose and masking with masking fluid and then stencilling all around it with different stencils and distress ink.

I used a mixture of Spectrum Aqua markers and diluted Distress Inks to colour my rose and it's leaves.

The magic had to come when I put those raindrops on the rose!  I have used Glossy Accents for most of the raindrops, there is also some glitter on some of them and I have ringed round a couple with a white pen to highlight. I also added a couple of rather large raindrops on to that background again with the Glossy Accents.


Here is a view taken from the side to see that texture that the droplets have on the petals.


Hope you can join in with this very happy and pleasant theme this month - PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE MAIN FOCAL POINT OF YOUR ARTWORK MUST BE SEEN TO BE RUBBER STAMPING.

Thanks for stopping by and good luck in the challenge!

Leanne xx






6 comments:

  1. A truly beautiful creation Leanne, you have drawn in such intensity of colour and interest to the background, yet the beautiful Rose still shines through and draws the eye.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous background with such pretty colours on the roses.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be honest Leanne, when you came up with this theme I had no idea whatsoever what I might create but then slowly and surely, it all fell into place and I had a great time making my tag and then using the stamp that you sent to decorate my brown paper package. What I really need to say is thank you for making me think out of the box!

    Your card is a stunner and what a great marriage of stamps and stencils, they are work together beautifully. You achieved a great depth of colour and there is absolutely no doubt of the raindrops on roses, it looks like there's been a real downpour:)

    Crafty hugs,
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card and a wonderful background for your rose. The raindrops look fabulous and so realistic.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A true work of art! Thanks for your kind words over on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful card Leanne. I looove the raindrops on the rose. And the intensity of colour on the rose is so rich and makes it look so real. The stenciled background is perfect!
    Dot x
    Ink Art Designs

    ReplyDelete